IEP Financial Career Opportunities
Join a professional team that takes pride in excellent service
Financial advisers provide clients with advice on financial matters, making recommendations on ways to best achieve their objectives. The role involves researching the marketplace and advising clients on the products and services available, ensuring they are aware of and understand those that best meet their needs. You will be Diploma qualified (Level 4) and able to advise on the full range of products.
- Contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in clients' homes or business premises.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future aims.
- Analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual and corporate clients' requirements.
- Completing risk analyses.
- Researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services.
- Designing financial strategies.
- Assisting clients to make informed decisions.
- Researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products.
- Reviewing and responding to clients’ changing needs and financial circumstances.
- Negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates.
- Liaising with financial services providers and other professionals.
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation.
- Producing financial reports.
- Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments.
- Attending networking events.
- Developing professional connections.
- Maintaining and updating individual continued professional development plans monthly, to be reviewed periodically by the Compliance Officer.
- Maintaining compliance with the FCA rules and principles for Approved Persons and Code of Practice.
- Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided, and also the advised products.
- Act ethically, impartially and always in the best interests of clients.
- Follow the internal IEP processes and procedures.
- Ensure IEP meet the expectations of the FCA with regards to treating customers fairly.
- Act in accordance with the terms and conditions of your employment contract.
Why join IEP Financial?
You might be looking for a career as a financial adviser, or would like to begin a career in the financial sector. Whichever it is, IEP is a warm and friendly environment for you to truly love the work you do.
We help you to grow
IEP has always maintained a commitment to continuous professional development. This includes employment opportunities for people beginning their careers in the financial services sector.
Our Job Opportunities will be listed on our website and in the local media. If you would like to receive notifications of these job opportunities please contact us on [email protected]
IEP Financial are looking to recruit an experienced Paraplanner to join their growing business based in the heart of Hove.
The successful candidate will have the right mix of hard work and shining personality to thrive within this growing business. You will be working closely with the Financial Adviser and the rest of the Administration team, this would suit someone looking to become part of a dynamic, forward thinking IFA business.
With a competitive starting salary depending on experience, plus other company benefits, we are looking for a committed, forward thinking and independent candidate to join our team. Knowledge of Intelligent Office would be a distinct advantage.
Paraplanning is a technical function that supports and informs the work of Financial Advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, mortgages, general insurance, tax and investment management. A Paraplanner’s key role is to process the personal information provided by clients during a meeting with their Financial Adviser, before researching the best solutions that meet each client’s financial needs.
Paraplanners do not give financial advice, but they do produce letters, reports and supporting evidence for consideration by the client. They can also undertake highly technical analytical work, including cash-flow forecasting and investment analysis. They then process the paperwork with the product providers and follow up with reviews. They have to keep the Financial Adviser and the client up to date with communications from financial product providers.
The Paraplanner role may be broken down into four key parts:
- Preparing and maintaining the client file.
- Preparing recommendations.
- Implementing recommendations.
- Assist the Financial Adviser/Planner in establishing new client relationships.
- Assess clients’ financial circumstances.
- Prepare financial statements to support the development of clients’ financial strategies.
- Research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances.
- Propose and draft financial solutions that meet clients’ goals, needs and objectives.
- Assist with the accurate completion of application and proposal forms.
- Implement actions such as changing existing investment holdings and policy information, as directed by the Financial Adviser/Planner.
- Support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities.
These duties are not to be regarded as exhaustive and you may be required to perform such other and/or additional duties within your skill set and competence as the company may require.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years Paraplanning experience.
- Good knowledge of pensions, investments, and protection products
- Strong report writing skills
- Hard-working and have great attention to detail
Desired Skills & Experience
- Diploma Level 4 qualified
- Experience using Financial Planning software tolls
- Experience using Intelligent Office
- Experience of producing Annual Reviews
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 per year.
Please note: Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Company Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, company paid eye tests & flu jabs, death in service x3 annual salary, company pension scheme.
How to apply
Please email your CV to: [email protected]